We realise quite a few of you have no idea what we get up to during the closed season. For all you know we could be dressing up in suits of armour and having elaborate banquets in the High Great Chamber. Alas, we’d probably get a smack on the hand from our Collections Manager if we did, but that doesn’t mean there’s nothing exciting happening.
2012 is going to be a great year at Hardwick. Scout’s honour! We’re incredibly excited about our new Stableyard buildings opening in spring. New additions as part of this project will include:
- A fantastic Visitor Reception Building, complete with wood-burner and snazzy interpretation panels.
- A brand spanking new restaurant where you can grab a mug of tea & a bacon sarnie whilst reading the papers or treat yourself to a spot of lunch.
- Our new shops – there’ll be more than one – will be stocked full of hand-picked, high-quality gifts, outdoor essentials and gardening gear.
- A bigger and better car park constructed with a fancy reinforced plastic grid to stop tear and wear.
- The Coach House Kiosk will be a perfect place to pack a picnic to take with you on a walk.
We’ve also got a great programme of events lined up from making dens and learning to carve stone to mastering your culinary skills and discovering paranormal activity in the hall.
WATCH THIS SPACE!